Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summertime



The last two weeks have been filled with so many happy times I could write for hours.

My girlfriend Victoria flew in from Latvia on the 17th, and we were kept busy with preparations for my Mum's wedding blessing on the 19th. I had a one key responsibility, to play the ORGAN for one of the hymns! I used to do loads of this kind of thing when I was 14-18ish, but haven't played for years, and although I still play the piano a lot, the organ is a completely different instrument really. So I was pretty nervous and made sure I prepared thoroughly and thankfully it went well.

The day was just so magical. The weather had been forecast for thunder during the whole day, which was obviously pretty disastrous, but miraculously it was beaming sunshine all day. Bobby did a very moving performance of Let It Be, drawing plenty of tears! And his a capella group from Oxford "Out Of The Blue" did a set during the reception.



It was just one of those perfect days where everything goes so well and everyone was so happy throughout. Many Congratulations guys! 

Two days later Victoria, Mark, Bobby and I flew to Italy to join my Dad and his partner in Tuscany, in a villa we've rented for 2 weeks every year for the last 6 years. 

We always have a great time there, it's so peaceful and relaxing. Time is just spent by the pool, enjoying the amazing Italian food, playing family games, table tennis, perudo, cards etc. Never an argument, never a stress. Bliss. 



We spent 5 days there and then Victoria and I travelled up north to Lake Como, somewhere I've wanted to go for ages. It involved 3 trains, 3 car journeys and a bus, but we got there, and had a car hired to travel about there. 

We only had one full day there, so the weather being good was crucial. The weather had been very on/off all week, there had been a thunderstorm the day before, and just like the wedding day - thunder was forecast. And just like the wedding day, against the forecast, the weather was absolutely perfect. 

At the risk of repeating myself, and running out of superlatives, we had the most incredible day there. It's probably the most beautiful place in the world I've ever been. My words can't do it justice, I'll post a few of the hundreds of pictures we took! 




Italy is such an awesome country, could be my number 1 actually...

Anyway, back in England now for a week or so, Probably should play some form of poker soon! 

One last bit of news, the aforementioned a capella group, which Bobby is musical director of, have released a video of their song "Hips Don't Lie" (Bobby's arrangement of three Shakira songs) which has been tweeted by Shakira herself, got in the Guardian, Times, and numerous big papers, and online news pages - and in 7 days, received 1.4 million views on youtube! Here's the link.


See you all at the UKPC at DTD I hope! 


No comments:

Post a Comment