Friday 20 December 2013

Next Year?

For the past five years I've been based in Nottingham. Travelling a lot, but Nottingham has been my home, the DTD games my regular games, and all my closest friends live here or nearby. Something has to change next year, and my plans are massively up in the air.

I have had plans to live in about 5 different countries at various points in the last few months!

Living in Nottingham seems unlikely. The live cash scene there and indeed the midlands in general has died to the extent that I no longer think I can make a decent living there. So it seems I'll move to somewhere with good cash games. I've thought long and hard about this. To anyone else London seems the answer. Except I hate London. The games, the people, the cost of everything. I've been many times to the Vic, Hippodrome, Empire and can barely remember a single enjoyable session. The cost of living there is just obscene too.

My favourite city in the world is Barcelona. I love everything about it. I've always wanted to try living abroad and also I've always wanted to learn Spanish. The food is amazing, weather is amazing, it's close and has good access to everywhere. Living there seems like a pretty decent option.


Problems with that are 1) No online poker really 2) No friends! Both quite major issues.

That brings me to the girl in the picture - she needs a blog post all to herself...but there are some options that involve her (she lives in Latvia). If only I was slightly more successful at, and enjoyed more, online poker...

I'd like to live in America one day too. Spent a few days in San Diego before the main event this summer and loved that, places like LA, California or Florida also appeal. Not quite yet though.

Another option I will probably give a go first is extremely exciting. Macau. I've never been and would really love to have the experience. I think it could prove lucrative so I'm going to give it a shot. Will be going late February, early March. Almost definitely.


I'd like to make most of the spots on the EPT tour that I've made this year. Starting with Deauville in January, that's the first trip of 2014.

Next post will be about my favourite three poker destinations!

No comments:

Post a Comment