Friday 20 December 2013

So how has it gone?

Considering all the things that could have happened, from going broke and having to give up, to winning the main event - I'd have to say it's gone very well! Especially considering that the former was hundreds of times more likely to happen than the latter.

The main thing is I've survived! I've never gone broke, and I've still got some semblance of a bankroll left with some savings! 

I've played a mixture of things, but I'd say the three main things that I've focused on are
-Live Cash (55%)
-Live Tournaments (25%)
-Online Tournaments (20%)

Live cash has been my bread and butter - pays the bills, definitely the least volatile of the three. About 65% of my cash game volume has been at DTD. I've played stakes between 50p/£1 and £5/10/20 with the majority at the £1/2 level.



Live tournaments I've played all over. Extensively in Europe (about one trip per month on average), 3 times to Vegas, and also Colombia! Buyins from about £100 to $10,000. 

Online tournaments I play on all the usual sites, mainly playing on a Sunday and when festivals are on. 

I was staked for tournaments in the first year, played on my own for 18 months, and am now staked again. I've always played cash for myself. 

I ran my own stable for a while, with 3/4 horses playing online and live tournaments. I had one decent bink out of it, but basically it went badly, and really taught me a lot about tournament variance and that looking after number 1 is so important in this business.

I had an amazing first year with an extremely lucky tournament result in my first ever £1k, the second year was without a big result but I godmoded the cash games so still had an excellent year. This year has been pretty bad, and although I've had a few results, I've played loads of high buy-in tournaments and not cashed in any, cash games have gone badly, and I lost a lot staking. And as always, I've spent absolute chunks travelling around! 



So I find myself looking towards 2014 with a thousand amazing memories, some amazing friends, and a bit of money left over - not too shabby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment